Christa R. Haggai, Attorney-at-Law
May 18, 2013 at 12:48 am
#Medicalmalpractice #healthcare #lawsuits #medical error #tortreform - Great article discussing how medical malpractice lawsuits can actually help improve patient care. The information was learned from interviews with hospital risk managers. We need to get to a point when we realize we all want the same goal, safer, affordable healthcare! Right now, "[e]ach year tens of thousands of people die, and hundreds of thousands more are injured, as a result of medical error." This needs to change and the courthouse doors need to be open to those who are harmed by medical errors!
How malpractice risk can make hospitals safer places.
May 15, 2013 at 9:11 pm
The Haggai Law Firm shared 38 Is too Late's photo.
Shameful! The Seventh Amendment is supposed to protect this right to a trial by jury! Legislators have no right to take it away!
When a surgeon operated on the wrong side of a Missouri woman’s skull, her only recourse was the court system. So why are Missouri lawmakers trying to take away that right? http://bit.ly/132A8Fx
By: 38 Is too Late
May 14, 2013 at 8:30 pm
The Haggai Law Firm shared 38 Is too Late's photo.
Clearly claims are not keeping rates high for doctor's insurance! We need a change in the law in California!
Think medical malpractice insurance rates are too high? You are not alone. While companies take premiums from doctors & hospitals, they don’t have to pay much out in claims due to CA’s outdated cap on malpractice awards. http://buswk.co/12dnwuh
By: 38 Is too Late
May 14, 2013 at 4:23 pm
Interesting position and recommendation by the NTSB today: "At .05 BAC, the risk of having an accident increases by 39 percent. At .08 BAC, the risk of having an accident increases by more than 100 percent."
WASHINGTON – The National Transportation Safety Board is considering Tuesday whether to recommend to states that they lower the blood-alcohol content that constitutes drunk driving. Currently, all 50 states have set a BAC level of .08, reflecting the percentage of alcohol, …
May 10, 2013 at 8:48 pm
We are three weeks away from the Home Makeover project. You can participate in several ways:
1) We're registered Karen at http://www.target.com (choose Registries, Target Wedding registry, Find, then Karen Ricks) so you can buy things that will go with the new decor.
2) Volunteer to help work on the house on any day between May 30 to June 2. Send a here to get scheduled. We need people to paint, landscape, etc.
3) Make a donation to the project. Send a message here for more information.
4) Tell your friends!
See you at the makeover!
California Personal Injury Lawyers Representing Accident Victims in Gardena
The Haggai Law Firm offers personalized service to all prospective clients. Because we focus exclusively on personal injury cases, we are extremely familiar with California law concerning personal injury and medical malpractice cases. Christa Haggai is a member of the California Bar, on the Board of Governors for Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, and an Associate Adjunct Professor of Law at Southwestern University. She is also a member of Consumers Attorneys of California and the American Association of Justice and was also nominated as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers. Prior to opening my her law firm, Christa worked for one of the largest personal injury and workers’ compensation law firm in California. She has been practicing law since 2000 and is well known and respected by judges and attorneys alike in the Los Angeles Area. We have the experience needed to fight for you in getting the compensation you are entitled to for the injuries you have sustained.
Contact The Haggai Law Firm for an initial consultation, which is always free. After carefully evaluating the circumstances surrounding your accident and injuries, we can advise you of your legal options. It is vital that you receive the monetary compensation, which may include reimbursement for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering to which you may be entitled to ensure that you and your family remain financially stable while you recover.
California Personal Injury, Auto Accident, Brain Injury, Dog Bite, Spine Injury, Wrongful Death Attorneys Serving Gardena
Personal Injury Cases – Haggai Law Firm handles all matters related to personal injury law including:
- Auto Accident – Our experienced attorneys handle every kind of automobile accident, including, but not limited to car, truck or bus accidents and pedestrian injuries. Common types of accidents include lane changes, rear-end collisions, DUI related accidents, SUV rollovers, running stop signs / red lights, speeding, among others. At Our Law Firm , all of our seasoned Playa Vista Vehicle collision lawyers will certainly do everything within their capacity to to increase your financial recovery.
- Brain Injury – There are many causes of traumatic brain injuries, including car wrecks, truck accidents, product defects, construction accidents, or another person or company’s negligence. Although amid the elder and toddlers, leading cause of brain injuries are falls. Infants might also get a brain injury from being shaken violently. Brain injury attorneys focus on helping the victims of traumatic brain injuries. Many brain injury legal measures require intricacies that brain injury lawyers are best prepared to deal with.
- Dog Bite – In many instances, the owner of the dog can be held liable for a dog bite injury. It is very important identify the animal that bit you, mainly because if it is a stray and you cannot identify it, you are dealing with the possibility of needing to submit to treatment for rabies, which can be painful. Dog bite laws vary from state to state, but in the state of California, a victim of dog bite injury can seek compensation under what are known as doctrines of negligence and intentional tort. Damages that you can recover as a victim of dog bite include medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and diminished capacity, just to name a few.
- Spine Injury – In personal injury law, spinal cord injuries can be caused by any type of accident due to someone else’s negligence. This can include car or motor vehicle accidents, bicycle accidents, slip and fall accidents or even workplace accidents.
- Wrongful Death – Wrongful death is an area that aims at delivering financial compensation to the heirs (spouse, children or parents) of a deceased person whose death was caused by a wrongful, willful, negligent act or omission by a company, individual or party. A suit for wrongful death may only be brought by the personal representative (executor) of the decedent’s estate. On the other hand, actions for personal injury (survival actions), conscious pain and suffering, or expenses incurred prior to the decedent’s passing may also be typically added.
Directions to Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney from Gardena, CA
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Gardena, CA 90045
Total Est. Time: 16 mins
Total Est. Distance: 8.9 mi
- Head north on S Western Ave toward W Redondo Beach Blvd
- Take the 1st left onto W Redondo Beach Blvd
- Turn right onto the I-405 N ramp
- Turn right onto I-405 N
- Take exit 46 toward Century Blvd/Lax Airport
- Keep right at the fork, follow signs forCentury Boulevard/L A Airport
- Turn left onto W Century Blvd
- Destination will be on the right
View Larger Map
We are located at:
Christa R. Haggai
6033 W. Century Blvd. #605
Los Angeles, California 90045